Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nothing exciting...

Nothing exciting to post today. I went in to get my Neulasta shot this morning at the hospital. Dr Sharma had my bone marrow biopsy results back. Good news: it was negative, so there's no cancer in my bone marrow. This is also good news because it means I won't have to have another bone marrow biopsy. With those results back, my lymphoma is officially stage IIIB. Staging isn't as important when it comes to lymphoma as it is when dealing with other cancers, so don't be too worried about that number. The original lumps in my neck feel smaller and softer than they did last week, so that's another good sign.
As for chemo side effects, I'm still doing good. My fingers are still tingly and I'm tired but that's pretty much it. I did have a quick bout of nausea yesterday, but when I say quick, I mean it...I felt better in about 2 minutes. Since chemo's effects are cumulative, this doesn't mean I'm out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, but so far so good.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I assume you've got some anti-emetics there at home with you? It is easier to prevent vomiting than to stop it, so be sure to stay on top of it!

Jenny L said...

Congrats on the good biopsy!!!

Anonymous said...

Courage Jess! Je pense à toi... et tu sais, nausea, tiredness... c'est un peu ce que je ressent aussi avec ma grossesse! :p
Many many hugs and kisses Sis'!
Léa.