Friday, October 30, 2009

To catch up...

I'm sure everyone is waiting for another update, so here it is.
This week has been pretty busy. I made it in to work for awhile on both Monday and Tuesday and it was good to be back. I tentatively am planning on going in next week too because I have some projects to catch up on and it's good to be out of the house.
Kendall has been here visiting since Wednesday. I picked him up from the airport and we went straight to the dr office so I could get blood drawn. I also got a chance to scope out the office where I'll be getting chemo. It's a ton nicer than the original office I went to. A lot more space, the infusion room isn't too packed and they have curtains around the chairs. Everyone was really nice...no shouting receptionists. Overall, it seems like a much nicer place to be. Additionally, since it's attached to a hospital (Holy Cross Hospital), I should be able to use their wifi.
I took Kendall to meet my co-workers and show him the lab and the bird yard. We stopped by the Patuxent visitor center since I'd never been there. It was pretty cool. When Josh got home, we went to get pizza for dinner and then came home to watch a movie. Yesterday, Kendall and I went to check out the College Park Aviation Museum. The College Park airport is the oldest continuously running airport in the country (maybe in the world). The museum was really cool. Josh was only working a half day and we had ambitions to go downtown in the afternoon, but I had a bad headache and was really tired, so instead Kendall and I took naps while Josh did some chores. We took a trip to Columbia to get the last Harry Potter book for me to read and stayed awhile visiting with my friend Katie. Kendall was getting hungry after having eaten an entire pound of sour patch kids in 24 hours, so we came back home, picking up some pupusas along the way. I was absolutely right in my assertion that if Whole Foods food bar pupusas were good, then real pupusas from a pupuseria would be excellent. We all enjoyed them and Josh and I will definitely be going back for more. Besides, $18 for enough food to fill 3 people is a pretty awesome deal.
Kendall and I will be leaving in a little bit to go for my 2nd chemo treatment. I'm hoping it'll be as uneventful as last time. I'm planning to spend the whole time reading the Harry Potter because I have to find out what happens!!! (for those who've read the books...OMG book 6!!! The end!) We'll probably have a pretty uneventful evening. We've got another movie to watch and I'll probably send Josh and Kendall off to find some food. I'll come back with more updates later on.

No comments: