Thursday, October 22, 2009

Almost 1 week out

I'm still holding up really well. My fingers are still tingly and I'm tired, but besides that, I feel fine. It's nice to have a few days in a row with no appointments or anything to rush too.
Yesterday I went in to work for a couple hours in the afternoon. I had a few things I needed to work on that I could only do on the work intranet so I went in to do that. It was nice to be there for a little bit and see some of my co-workers. I was told that I look "totally normal" which was amusing to hear. I need to figure out what to do with my hair pretty soon. I really need to cut it before it starts to go...it's just too long right now to be falling out all over the house (ask Josh what my hair does to his vacuum when I'm shedding at a normal rate!).
Last night we went to Whole Foods and spent quite awhile wandering the aisles and buying all kinds of goodies. I realized right before I left that my paycheck had just been deposited and seeing as I haven't been grocery shopping on my own in several weeks, I decided to splurge a bit (since grocery shopping is my favorite kind of shopping, after all). We ended up getting food from the food bar there for dinner. It was a nice outing and now I have some special food treats to enjoy at home. We also discovered a new food item that I'm going to have to investigate some more in the near future. We live in an area with a high Hispanic immigrant population and ever since we moved, I've been seeing these food trucks and restaurants called pupuserias. It's a funny word, but I had no idea what it was. Well, last night they had pupusas at the WF food bar, so we got one to try. Basically, it's like a hybrid corn tortilla/tamale type thing: a pancake made with masa harina and filled with cheese. Apparently, they can be filled with other stuff (beans, meat, veggies). It was super tasty and now I definitely want to stop by a pupuseria to try some more since I'm know that Whole Foods food bar food isn't always that great.
I just ran upstairs to pull a loaf of homemade bread out of the oven and it's taking quite a bit of effort to let it cool a bit before I just start devouring it. I'd probably rip into it sooner if I could smell it. All the yummy bread smell is upstairs since that's where the oven is (argh we need an apartment with our own oven!!).
I've gotten a few more hats and scarves and my collection is looking pretty good so far. Josh and I have enjoyed all the other goodies that have been sent our way. Yesterday we got a box containing the snuggliest blanket ever as well as an entire bowlful of Halloween candy...like trick or treating without leaving the house!! I have my next chemo the day before Halloween, so I have no idea if I'll be up to celebrating, but at least I still have the candy to enjoy. And speaking of Halloween and Halloween themed things, I am officially addicted to the Harry Potter books. I resisted reading them for a long time, but now that I've given in, I'm really enjoying them. I've still got most of 5, 6 and 7 to finish, then I can entertain myself watching the movies. I guess now someone will just have to work on convincing me to give in and watch the Star Wars movies (good luck, I'm a lot more stubborn about those).

2 comments:

Jenny L said...

You should totally get a cute bob and some cute barrettes to use. :-)

Rose said...

Have your discovered MOMs yet? There's one in College Park/Hollywood and one in Columbia on 175 not too far from TJs...they are cheaper than Whole Foods and locally owned! http://www.myorganicmarket.com/