Josh did a good job with the update, so I don't have too much to add. I'm currently still in the Admission Holding Unit, awaiting a room in 3NE, the oncology unit. One of my nurses said rooms usually start opening up in the early afternoon, so hopefully I can get going somewhat soon. Apparently 3NE is pretty nice, with mostly private rooms. That will be a welcome change from the wailing in the ER last night (which Josh and I decided was actually American Idol trials) and my neighbor this morning who was way too loud and shared WAY too much information.
After Josh left last night/this morning, not too much happened. I was feeling pretty sick from my headache and exhaustion so my nurse got me some tylenol and then left me to sleep. It was nice and quiet in here since there was only one other patient. I slept for about an hour and a half then woke up for a bit while my nurse Paul took my vitals and went through all my admission info. I dozed on and off until 730 or so when it was time for shift change and things started getting crazy. Ever since then there's been a steady stream of new patients in and out of this unit. Breakfast was pretty horrific so I made sure to have Josh bring some snacks for me. The only part of my breakfast I did eat was some corn flakes that I realized had high fructose corn syrup in them. Really? In corn flakes? A supposedly healthy breakfast cereal?!? If anyone wants to smuggle me healthy food, go for it!
(as I type they just brought lunch...jello!)
The oncologist here, Dr Sharma, stopped by this morning to check in on me. He spoke with Dr Chhabra yesterday and the plan is still the same. I'm apparently headed back for my MUGA scan pretty soon. Once I get up to the oncology unit, we're gonna schedule the port surgery too, but I'm not sure how soon that'll happen.
I'll be back with more info later, but I wanted to say hi quick!
I
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh wow what a ridiculously rough night. My thoughts are with you. I hope you get some non-disgusting food soon.
You'd think they would serve something healthy (and horrible) not something unhealthy (and horrible). HUGS!
Post a Comment