I'm headed to the hospital in a little while to be admitted. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, but for now it looks like it'll be at least a couple days. I'm going to be at Washington Hospital Center in downtown DC.
I was given the option this morning of getting admitted and starting chemo while inpatient or staying home and doing things outpatient. I'm getting a little frustrated with my current doctor and his staff and their lack of communication, so I decided that heading to the hospital is probably best at the moment. This way, I can establish care with some other people and be in one place where everything can get done all at once. I'm hoping all my remaining tests and procedures happen before I come home (the MUGA scan, the port surgery and the bone marrow biopsy if it's needed). Nothing will happen tonight since it's Sunday, but I'm probably looking at starting the chemo on Tuesday.
I don't know yet what type of communication options I'm going to have in the hospital, but my laptop and cell phone will be coming along. I know they have wireless at the hospital, so I should be able to get set up with that. I'll enlist Josh to post updates as needed as well.
So, all that being said, we definitely will be needing some help in the next few days. I really don't want to be at the hospital alone, so if you're local, please come visit me! Josh is taking tomorrow off work, but that'll be it, so especially Tuesday and maybe Wednesday, I'll be needing buddies! It's probably best to check in with one of us first to make sure I'm not headed off for surgery or something. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared right now, so I can use all the support I can get. The requests for food and entertainment still stand. Thanks guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello again! (I just talked to you like an hour ago...)
I'm so sorry I didn't know about this post until just now! I've been really hands-off during all of this because Aaron and I both tend to be "leave me alone until I feel better" type of people. If I had known you needed hospital buddies, I would have been there as much as humanly possible.
I'm really, really sorry. I feel like a big butt and like I really dropped the ball. But I've been looking up some good recipes according to the "things we like/dislike post" and I'm looking forward to bringing you guys some awesomeness as soon as this virus is outta here!
Sorry, again!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment