Friday, October 23, 2009

Neulasta

I mentioned the other day that I got a Neulasta shot to make sure my white blood cell count doesn't fall too much. I'd read that Neulasta can cause bone and joint pain in some people, but according to most of the stuff I read, it seemed like it was just a small percentage of people. Reading other blogs and message boards, though, it seemed like a much larger percentage. I thought I was in the clear since I got the shot Tuesday and felt fine....
Until last night. I felt some funny minor pains yesterday evening while Josh and I were watching a movie, but didn't think much of it. I was having trouble getting comfortable during the night, but when Josh woke up this morning, I rolled over and felt a lot of pain in my sacrum. I got up to go to the bathroom and get some tylenol and quickly understood what exactly everyone meant when they described the Neulasta bone pain. I made it back in bed and I've spent most of the day there. When I'm just laying down, it's not bad at all, but it's hit or miss if I get up and move around. Luckily tylenol has dulled the pain, so I've been ok for the most part.
When Josh got home, we decided that neither of us wanted to cook and I wasn't sure I'd be ok going out and sitting. We deliberated a bit before deciding I'd just take a vicodin and we'd go out to eat. It worked pretty well and entertained us both. I had completely forgotten that I'd taken the vicodin and started feeling silly and loopy at the restaurant. By the time I finished all my food, I started feeling really sleepy, so we headed home and I'm back in bed for the night. When the vicodin was first prescribed for me after by initial biopsy, I kept thinking it had no effect on me, but apparently I was wrong. In any case, we had a really nice dinner at a nice Indian restaurant not too far from our house. We both totally ate too much, but it was good to be out of the house and now we have tons of leftovers for later.

No comments: