Thursday, October 15, 2009

nevermind

Well, Dr Awah, my internist here, came by right after I finished my last post and commented about my oxygen. I asked if he had heard what happened with my lung and he looked at me and just said that yes, he had and that the issue was resolved. Apparently, when he looked at my x-rays, all he can see is fluid...the same fluid that has been around my lung for awhile now. He doesn't think they nicked my lung at all, so according to him, I'm just fine. I still have the oxygen for now, but he said he doesn't want to hook me back up to my IV fluids because he doesn't want me to be too full of fluids and have them settle around my lung. Apparently, we're just waiting to start the chemo and that should make the fluid around my lung go away.
In other news, it now looks like I won't be getting out of here until Sunday :-( It sounds like I probably won't get my chemo until tomorrow and then they want to keep an eye on me for a couple days. Once I start the chemo and all my cancer cells start dying, they want to make sure my body can handle flushing them all out of my system ok.
I'm still waiting until Dr Sharma, the oncologist, stops by and then I'll have even more news.

No comments: