Not much news today. I only had one appointment...my pulmonary function test. It was actually pretty entertaining. It turned out that the actual test was done by a tech, not the pulmonologist and the guy who did it was very nice (Frank? Fred?). I had a PFT when I was a kid for asthma, but I only have vague recollections of that. At both Towson and Tufts though, the labs I taught involved spirometry, so I have a pretty good understanding of what a PFT measures and how it works. I was absolutely thrilled to death that the computer we used for the test seemed to be about the same vintage as the computer we had in my 2nd grade classroom. The reality of how cool this was did not hit me until we got to the 3rd part of the test which was set up as a game: try to blow away all the dandelion seed pods on the screen. It was awesome. I got to do that part four times (twice normally and twice after having been given a bronchiodialator. Sadly, I didn't win the game, but it was still exciting to have a PFT/ retro video game session all at once!
Other than that, it was an uneventful day. I only got 2 calls all day: one to move up my PET scan an hour and a second call from my new Aetna patient manager nurse Beverly. I can call her to help me figure stuff out and she seems like a really nice person to have on my team.
Josh and I got out of the house for a little bit this evening to go to Ikea to buy some new sheets and pillows. I figured it'd probably be a good idea to have more than one set of sheets while I go through my chemo, so we now have 2 new sheets and 2 nice new pillows. Now we just need to find me a nightstand since my broken old desk chair isn't really cutting it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment