Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just for fun

I just wanted to say hi to anyone else who has been stopping by the blog...I know I sent the link to a lot of new people yesterday. Thanks for stopping by!

Also, this is the coolest video I've ever seen on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CRwd_U2FU

1 comment:

Elizabeth Gorbey said...

Dear Jessica,
Hi I'm Liz- I work with your Dad at Premier- I know we met once or twice here at the studio- Just wanted to let you know that I've been talking with your Dad about my experiences with cancer and he gave me your blog so I could write you some inpirational messages about dealing with cancer. I was diagnosed with osteocarcoma (bone cancer) when I was 17- I was just starting my senior year in high school. The bone tumor in my arm had probably been growing for at least a year- fortunaltly for me- I was in a car accident and my arm broke in the accident- when my arm refused to heal, I was sent for a biopsy were they found the tumor in my left humerous- since my arm had broken, the tumor had also been broken and was spreading through my whole body through my blood streem- I was given weeks to live if untreated and if treated I was told I might loose my arm- which was a pretty hard blow being 17- at the time- I didn't realize the severity of my diagnosis- my parents spared me the news - I was most concerned with loosing my hair- I can tell from your blog that you are being as positive as one can be, given your diagnosis. This is one of the most important things you can do is to keep a positive attitude and truley believe every day that you are going to get better and get back to your normal life as soon as possible. Try to keep those "what if" thoughts out of your head. My doctors told me that my positive attitude and willingness to fight and also my respose to the chemo saved my life and my arm. This year I turned 30- have been cancer free for 12 years- I have my arm ( with limited use- but I can still hold my camera!) married two years and I am 3 months pregnant right now- all things I could have had taken away from me. I can tell from your blog that you have the positive attitude and fight you need in you to beat this cancer!! The next year or two of your life is going to be very challenging- keep your family and friends close- they will help you through it- this experience will change your life so it important to lean on the people who love you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Jessica! If you ever want to talk you can e-mail me at : ladylizz3710@hotmail.com or on Facebook at Elizabeth Smith Gorbey
Sending you powerful, positive, cancer-butt-kicking thoughts, Love Elizabeth Gorbey