There is now a dog living in our house.
For those not familiar with our living arrangement, we live in the basement of a single family home. The owner (our landlord) lives upstairs. He's a nice guy who is gone to work from about 7am until 9pm, so we almost never hear him and things are pretty good. Our apartment is pretty nice, but it has it's share of annoyances (no oven, no bathtub, poor light/air circulation in some rooms, a flooding kitchen, carpet) and we've been talking about moving when our lease is up in December.
Last weekend, our landlord came downstairs to tell us that he's getting married in the spring and his finacee will be moving in with him then, but for now, he has a friend moving in to the spare room upstairs. He told us a bit about his friend...he has a lung problem and was living somewhere with crackhead neighbors so he couldn't get enough sleep, aggravating his lung problem. Joe (the landlord) told us he trusts the guy like a brother and that he's really nice. We also liked Joe's description of him as "He looks a lot like me, but he doesn't have front teeth." Nice!
Well last night he moved in....with his dog. Josh and I love animals, but dogs are in a special category of their own. Especially barky dogs. I've yet to meet her, but apparently she's a little skittish wiener dog named Bella (same name as Joe's cat). I've heard her barking a few times and I keep hearing her little toes on the hardwood floor upstairs. She and our new housemate are living in the room directly above our bedroom. This shall definitely be interesting. Only a month and a half until we can move. Send good wishes that we can find a cool new apartment and that I can manage to survive a move mid-chemo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you have your hands full!
I myself have adopted a cat and he will move in 1,5 week from now!
There's a townhouse for rent on our street...email me if you want to know more.
Post a Comment