Friday, October 30, 2009

Chemo Round 1, treatment 2

We just got back from the dr office a little bit ago. My treatment was pretty uneventful. They had to stick my port twice again, but it doesn't hurt at all when they access it (ok, it's a tiny prick, but not bad at all). The room I was in had 5 chairs and a lot of the other patients had really short treatments, so there was lots of turnover. The nurses were pretty chatty, as were some of the patients, so I didn't get nearly as much reading done as I would have liked, but that's ok. I apparently missed out on a crazy patient in the waiting room, but Kendall filled me in. She was nutty enough that he decided to leave the office for a bit. That was about all the excitement though. I got my Neulasta shot when I was all done and it didn't hurt as bad as it did last time. The nurse pushed it in really slowly and she didn't rub it, so that helped. Now I just get to wait and see how the chemo and the Neulasta affect me this time.

No comments: