Thursday, October 15, 2009

Last update for the night

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Dr Sharma did come back and give me my Bleomycin shot. It hurt, but I didn't react adversely to it, so I'm good to go tomorrow. I started Harry Potter 3 and then chatted with my roommate for awhile as she was packing up and getting her last dose of meds before she headed home. Just as my dinner came, my substitute nurse for the afternoon came in to give me a shot of a blood thinner to prep for tomorrow. She wanted to give it to me in my tummy, but I was not cool with that, so it ended up in my arm. That shot was really painful too, but luckily, the pain from both shots wore off relatively quickly. Josh came after I'd eaten and we took a little walk and then just hung out in my room. He helped de-stink me as much as possible without actually being able to shower (because of my incisions from yesterday). I am going to be so happy to be all disconnected and able to get really clean when i get home!
Not much else in the way of news. I'm hoping they start early with my chemo because the sooner they start, the sooner I can get all my labs cleared and go home. I'm also really hoping I don't get a new roommate for awhile. I liked the one I had, but it would be nice to have the room to myself tomorrow. I've got myself about as mentally prepared as I can be for tomorrow. I'm just hoping it won't be too bad, especially since I'll be getting anti-nausea meds. At the very least, once tomorrow's treatment is over, I'll be 1 treatment closer to being done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On an almost completely unrelated note: I just had a vision of you training Bombshell to be a therapy iguana.

Hmm, I don't think that would actually work.