I've been asked what kind of food Josh and I like/dislike so that anyone who brings over food can bring something we'll actually eat.
Here's what we usually avoid (for allergy or dislike reasons):
-Dairy. A little cheese might be ok, but for the most part, no dairy. This does NOT include butter. Butter is good!
-raw tomatoes
-Most soy (soy sauce = ok, tofu = not so great)
-sesame
-grapes
-Spicy things (mexican spicy or indian spicy)
-Pork, bacon, sausage
-Green salads (I'm a weirdo who doesn't like lettuce)
These are things that we like:
-Soups
-Stews
-fish, especially salmon
-Chicken, turkey and beef (roast, in soups, stir-fries, etc)
-Spaghetti w/meatballs or veggies
-Non-creamy pasta or rice dishes
-non-lettuce cooked leafy greens (spinach, chard, kale)
-chocolate
I'm the pickier one of the two of us. Josh will eat just about anything you give him. I know these lists aren't very complete, but I'll add things as I think of them. We always appreciate organics, but we're not going to turn away non-organic food :-) Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help feed us (and thanks for Josh's dinner last night Katie!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You can count me in for some vegetarian dishes! Alex taught me a very hearty lentil spaghetti sauce recipe. I also make a great black bean & jicama salad. Both of these can be frozen for later. :-)
In fact, if you've got freezer space I could make some now.
What are your feelings on cilantro?
Eeep, I forgot that you moved! Ummm... if you happen to be in the Boston area at some point, my offer still stands. :-P
(Posting from a different account. Blogger is refusing to authenticate me through OpenID.)
Post a Comment