I'm finally home!!
I made sure last night that the orders were in my chart to take my last blood test first thing this morning so I could be set to go as soon as possible. Last night was the worst night in the hospital during my entire stay (it even rivaled my night spent in the ER). Someone in the room next door was just wailing and crying all night long, there was some type of beeping machine beeping every few seconds and my roommate had her TV on until 4AM. I tried to drown out as much as I could with my iPod, but eventually, the battery died and I was out of luck.
Dr. Awah came by at around 9am and we chatted a bit before he went to fill out my discharge papers. My nurse had apparently gotten swamped with stuff to do right around that time, so it took awhile for her to get to my room to go over all my instructions and disconnect me. I think we finally made it out of there a little before 11.
Once we got home, Josh and I unpacked everything that was with me at the hospital and threw a lot of it in the wash and wiped down the rest to disinfect it. I took a nice long shower and scrubbed off all the hospital smell and germs. It's nice to be back in a non-germy place where I don't have to worry about everything I touch. Josh did an awesome job cleaning the house and as I write, he's sitting on the floor folding all the tons of laundry he did in the past couple days. I know he's really happy to have me home because it's easier caring for me and the critters when we're all in the same place. I'm still waiting for the cats to come out and say hi, but that probably won't be til later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So glad you are home! :) HUGS
glad you're home!! surprisingly enough I can read your blog at work! Brent said he's sure Josh has the whole place thoroughly disinfected for you. See you soon
Post a Comment