Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thanks!

Thanks so much to everyone who has stopped by so far. It really takes a good support system to get through an illness like this and I feel really lucky to have so many people by my side.

I had a pretty good day today. My fever was really low all day and that's a good indicator that I'm feeling well. My hip is really sore, like someone smacked it with a hammer. I've been getting around pretty slow, but it didn't stop me from getting out of the house for a good part of the day. I finally got to take a shower today since it's been 3 days since my biopsy. I was told not to get it wet for 3 days. Normally, I'd still be able to bathe, but we don't have a tub, just a shower, so I was just holding out for a full shower (don't worry, I did enough washing in the last 3 days that I wasn't completely gross). I still covered my incision so it wouldn't get soaked, but it's doing fine. I've given up on keeping it covered because my skin isn't dealing well with any adhesives right now.
I did a load of laundry and then Josh and I headed out for a few errands. We had to go to the eye dr since someone at the hospital the other night really smooshed my glasses and they were all crooked. They lost them temporarily and I've learned my lesson to entrust my surgery buddy with my glasses...in their case! Got those fixed and then headed to the local Amish market.
We had lunch and then fought the crowds to buy some turkey legs. I'm a big fan of homemade bone broth. It's really healing and good for a person like me who avoids dairy (lots of calcium). I'm planning on making a ton of broth to freeze for a meal/drink when I'm not feeling well. After that, we headed to work so I could do the afternoon chores. It's the first I've been in to work since Tuesday. Our baby birds were just fluff balls on Tuesday and now they're getting grown up feathers!!
We made 2 more stops on the way home: REI & the local organic/health food store (MOM's). I wanted to look in REI for a nice new messenger bag that'll hold my laptop, my fancy new medical binder and note-book that I use to organize all kinds of health info, test results, insurance and billing stuff, stuff to entertain me at treatments, extra clothes, etc. I found a really nice one, not quite as nice as the one it's replacing :( but still nice. As all good bags are, it was a bit pricey, but it was worth it and I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it. We picked up a few things at MOM's and headed home.
Since we've been home, I made a cherry sauce from the frozen cherries I got at the store (to go with the greek yogurt I also got at the store), I got our new (to us) sewing machine threaded properly, fixed a pair of pj pants with a big hole in them and fixed up this blog to look pretty. A busy day, and I still feel ok, so I'm pretty happy! Tomorrow morning will be busy and fun too...I'm just going to hold on to this semi-normal feeling as long as I can and get as much accomplished as possible before everything just goes nuts!

I've gotten a few more questions that I'll answer tomorrow.

1 comment:

Barba--- said...

Cool bag and I will look for hats/Scarfs.
Hugs from Sweden