I just got my computer back, so it's time for an update. I decided to send the computer home with Josh last night because I wasn't totally comfortable having it here since I didn't know what today was going to look like. It turned out that I was in my room all day, so it would have been fine (and would have kept me entertained).
Today has been pretty uneventful. I got a really good night of sleep. I'm in a semi-private room so I have a roommate and nurses were in and out checking on her so that woke me up a few times. Besides that, they left me alone til 4 then until 6. Most of my doctors have stopped by and I have a good idea of what the next few days will look like. Tomorrow, I'm getting my bone marrow biopsy done in morning and my port surgery in the afternoon. The doctor who is doing the biopsy was really surprised when he saw me because he figured if Dr Chhabra couldn't do it on the first try, it was because I must be a really large person. At least now I don't feel so crazy for not understanding why he couldn't hit the bone on try #1. I'll be getting some happy meds before the biopsy, so it should be more pleasant than last time. The port surgery should be pretty easy. It should only take about 20 minutes or so.
I'll get tomorrow evening to recover, then on Thursday, I'll get my first chemo treatment. Provided everything goes ok, I'll get to go home on Friday.
I'm holding up pretty good. I'm doing a million times better after having slept. Josh is going to help me shower in a little bit, and I'm sure I'll feel even better once I'm clean and non-stinky!
I don't have much else in the way of news. Thanks for all the calls & facebook messages. I also wanted to let everyone know that I only just realized people had been leaving comments on my blog. I had assumed that if I got any comments, Blogger would email me, but apparently I was mistaken. So thanks for all the comments and support...I wasn't ignoring anyone, I just didn't realize they were there!!
I'm sending the computer home for the night again, so I won't be posting another update until tomorrow evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Jess and Josh--
First of all,Jess, I have to tell you that you look lots like your mom--my little sister... I want to tell both of you--you are in our thoughts and prayers. Because of distance(you guys lived in PA and I lived all over the western U.S. we didn't get a chance to know each other very well. I am amazed at all the stuff you are going through and handling it all as well as you are. Josh, I hope you get the dream job. I also hope that you can find a wonderful apartment with out the "toenails."
More later --
Aunt Laverna and Uncle Mac
Hi Guys,
You are both amazingly strong. Thinkg of you all the time!
I hope everything goes smoothly today. You are often in my thoughts.
Post a Comment