I think I'm functioning at about 75% of where I could be. My fevers are finally gone (I'm assuming...I haven't taken my temp regularly in a day or two, but I don't feel feverish anymore). I'm still pretty worn out and I have a persistent mild headache, but I'm doing ok. I've gone into work for at least a few hours a day since Thursday. I'm making good progress on my project. I'll probably go in for awhile longer tomorrow and that should hopefully get me very close to being done (fingers crossed, knock on wood, hope I haven't upset to gods of labwork!). It's nice having the building all to myself and being able to focus entirely on my labwork instead of having to answer emails and do the chores that need done during the week. We also finally have a working radio in the lab again, which is nice, despite the lack of exciting programming on Sunday morning-afternoon NPR.
I've got a cough that's kind of annoying, but generally harmless I think. We just got back from a trip to Trader Joe's and I was coughing really bad while we were there. I felt bad, because it sounded like some awful, contagious cough, even though it's not. I hope no one there thought I was coughing a plague on them.
My armpits feel completely healed. I don't think they are entirely done healing, but the skin looks pretty good for the most part. I have three different skin colors going on in my armpits and the white, fresh skin is freakishly white, but it's finally toughened up.
It hardly seems like a holiday weekend at our house, given the extra work we're both doing this weekend. Josh is in charge of the birds for the weekend, like usual, but he's also been working on his new turtle job. He was out tracking turtles all day today and will be gone doing the same thing tomorrow. We did both take a break yesterday to go to a friend's Memorial Day party and we had an excellent time and met a lot of cool new people. My only plan for tomorrow is to attempt to make another grocery run on my own. I'll just be happy if I don't cough myself to death in the store and if I can carry my own groceries to the car. (Though I should probably check to make sure the store is even open tomorrow....).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment