Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday

I finally made it out of the house and in to work today! I didn't end up staying quite as long as I had intended (I left an hour before I planned to), but I got a decent amount of work done. I started feeling really exhausted and out of it suddenly and I happened to be at a stopping point, so I just stuck everything in the fridge til tomorrow. I have the project I'm working on planned out so I can finish on Monday (maybe Tuesday) and having that goal will definitely get me in the lab everyday between now and then.
I just took my temp and it was 99.6 which is the highest reading I've gotten all day. I think I have one more glass of water to drink to get me to a gallon for the day and I ate three real meals today. Baby steps to getting back to normal.
The Tortuga lotion I got for my armpits is really helping. Almost all the dead skin has come off and the fresh skin underneath is toughening up so it isn't so sore and raw feeling. I have a couple more patches that that were getting irritated, but they're doing a lot better with the lotion. I have almost no hair left in my armpits anymore. It can stay that way forever for all I care.
The plants we put out in the garden over the weekend seem to finally be doing better. We had an awful rainstorm right after we planted everything, so all the plants got pelted with the really hard rain. Everything in the squash/melon bed died, but we had planted new seeds with the pathetic looking seedlings and when we went out to check on the garden this evening, we saw that all the seeds are sprouting. The corn Josh planted is also coming up. It's only toe-high, but hopefully it can make it to knee high by July 4th. We only lost two tomato plants to the rain and we were pretty sure they wouldn't make it anyway. We have some replacements for them, so we'll fix that sometime this weekend I'm sure. We lost one basil plant, but I'm absolutely ok with that. We have 8 left which is going to be WAY too much, especially considering that Josh hates pesto. The carrots and dill we planted several weeks ago are coming up and looking really good. Not all of our herbs died and it looks like the ones that survived are finally perking up and growing. The greens bed is insane. I have more spinach, chard and kale than I know what to do with. We also have an unlimited supply of endive and escarole for Bombshell and the turtles. My broccoli is getting huge and my Chinese cabbages are finally turning into cabbages. So overall, the garden is looking good. It's going to get another beating from a thunderstorm in an hour or two, but I think everything is settled now and so it should be fine.
As a final note, we officially have our plane tickets for Josh's cousin's wedding in British Columbia this summer. It's going to be a really short trip, but we're both really looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Rose said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better, have interesting work, and that the new lotion is helping (love that stuff!). Looking forward to Saturday!

bfritzlibrary said...

Glad you are coming back from the "mystery fever". Seems like a song title in there somewhere. I was keeping up with you via Laura and Anna, but Laura gave me you blog address. I am impressed! Keep strong and we'll keep prayin' and soon you will be 100% healthy again. Barb