Thursday, May 6, 2010

12/15...getting there!

Radiation is still going pretty uneventful. It struck me yesterday how close I am to being done...Only 3 more treatments. It seems like it's gone so fast.
I'm still dealing with a bunch of unpleasant side effects. It's been getting very difficult to swallow. I really have to force myself to eat and drink, but so far I'm doing ok. I'm making sure to have lots of my favorite foods around so I'm more motivated to eat them, despite the pain. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter if I eat soft food or not. Everything hurts. I got a prescription for percoset today to see if that will help. I took one when we picked up the prescription a few hours ago and it helped enough that I actually ate real food for dinner. It still hurt, but not quite as bad as lunch, which involved taking 2 bites of a sandwich and giving up.
My chest and back are turning a lovely shade of pink/red. It looks like a sunburn, but doesn't hurt like one. It's sorta itchy because the skin is pretty dry too. I could also be itching because I'm covered in cat hair (I was petting Chloe and now all the hair that came off her is being blown all over my by the fan).
Not much else to report. With the exception of Monday, I've been at work everyday. Yesterday, I worked 7 hours between measuring 800+ eggs at work, then entering all that data into the computer once I got home. Next week is a busy week for us, so I'm pretty sure I'll be working a lot. Nothing planned this weekend, so I think Josh and I will be taking it easy for the most part. We have a bunch of garden stuff to do, but other than that, I foresee a lot of naps and maybe a trip to see Iron Man 2.

No comments: