Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spoke too soon...

Well, I spoke too soon when I wrote about feeling pretty good on Sunday. About 2 hours after I wrote that, I started feeling pretty bad and got a mild fever. It started increasing pretty steadily and during the night, I felt awful with one of the worst headaches I've ever had, fever, chills, aches and night sweats and some vomiting when I woke up Monday. Plus the still burning armpits. I finally started feeling better yesterday afternoon and was able to eat a little bit of food, but my fever came back in the middle of the night and when I took it again 15min ago, it's the highest it's been since Sunday (101.7). At least the headache and vomiting is gone, though. I drenched almost all of my pj's and blankets with my night sweats last night, so I was pretty miserable all night.

I talked to Dr. Ampey and his nurse yesterday and they think it sounds like I have some kind of virus. Based on my symptoms, none of it seems to be related to radiation and I'm so far out from chemo, that it's probably not from that either. I'll probably be talking to Dr. Modi later today to see if she has any insight. For now, I'm just trying to drink as much as possible to stay hydrated. I really hope I start feeling better soon.

No comments: