Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Temp: 100.2

I'm feeling both better and not-better today. I got up with the intention of going to my appointment with Chris, then heading in to work for awhile. I got to my appointment and updated Chris on how things have been going since Thursday. She thought I looked much better, but was disappointed to hear I'm still spiking daily fevers. My temp was totally normal while I was there and I thought I was doing ok until she took my BP and heart rate. My BP was pretty low which is normal for me, but my pulse was really high (in the 90's, resting). She had me stand up and repeated the measures twice. My BP stayed the same, but when standing, my pulse shot up to 125, then about 140. She went to check in with Dr. Ampey and came back with the message to keep drinking lots of fluids, eat more calories and not go to work (arrggghh!).
I had something I needed to get off my work computer, so I did go in for about 15 minutes, but then I came back home. I'm getting some work sent to me to do at home, so hopefully that'll relieve some boredom and help me feel less useless. I'm really hoping to be back later in the week. I think I'll go insane if I'm not!
I got some new lotion for my armpits at the suggestion of a fellow cancer buddy and it seems to be helping (Keys soap Tortuga lotion). If nothing else, it has a pleasant citronella smell, so I've been enjoying that all day.
My temp did start coming up again in the middle of the afternoon. I guess it's a plus that the period of time spent feverish all day is decreasing. It's also not getting up quite as high. It only briefly hit 102 yesterday, then went back down to the low 101s without any meds at all. Now if only I could just get my heart to calm down, maybe I could resume my life again!!

No comments: