Monday, May 3, 2010

9/15 + things are going crazy around here!

Life is going kinda crazy at our house right now.

Radiation is going ok. My throat is pretty sore and I'm having trouble swallowing. I also have mostly lost my appetite, so I'm kinda having to force myself to eat, but I'm managing ok. The doc gave me a prescription for a Fentanyl pain patch but I was pretty conflicted about it because I really didn't thing my pain warranted round the clock narcotics. I held off on it until last night, but the sore throat plus a migraine convinced me to stick the patch on. It doesn't seem to have done much yet, but I'm told it can take up to 24hrs to kick in and it's only been about 12. I have my extended visit with them today (every Monday I get totally checked out by the nurse and doc after my treatment).

Josh's truck's death has turned into a total fiasco. We didn't get it back until Thursday and it was barely running. We took it back to them Saturday and they're going to check it out and attempt to fix it the right way this time. We're having a tough time managing my treatments, my work and Josh's work with just one car and it's wearing both of us out. Add to that a ton of errands Josh is working on to change around his current employment situation + possibly having to find a replacement car + money we don't have to buy said replacement car if the truck is indeed dead and we're pretty much stressed to the max.

Hopefully this will all get sorted out soon. We did get a really nice break yesterday for Josh's cousin's bridal shower. It was really nice to see family and just be away from everything for a few hours. It would have been nice if it would have just stayed Sunday for longer so we didn't have to deal with Monday....

No comments: