Friday, May 7, 2010

Forgot that was gonna happen!

I was laying in bed yesterday watching TV on my laptop and I randomly started pulling some of my armpit hair to see if the radiation was making it fall out yet or not. It was coming out in pretty good clumps which was pretty exciting to me. (I've purposely not shaved it since around the time I was diagnosed...it's been an experiment to see how the chemo and radiation would affect it. Even though I've pretty much decided shaving my legs/armpits is a waste of time, I wouldn't mind not having hairy armpits for the summer).
Before I went to bed, I hopped in the shower. I was trying to see if I could pull out any more of the armpit hairs when, without thinking, I went to rub the back of my head/neck and pulled out a HUGE clump of head hair. It took a split second for me to remember that some of my head hair is in the radiation field and expected to fall out too. I had completely forgotten about that. Anyway, a ton of that hair came out too...lots of big clumps of hair from the nape of my neck. It's not really noticeable, but it was pretty crazy how much of it just fell out! It'll be interesting to see if any more comes out in the coming days. I'll also be interested to see if it grows back since hair loss from radiation is more likely to be permanent.

1 comment:

bugz said...

I hope you don't end up with a bald spot like your dad. At least I can't see it except when I accidentally see a reflection of the back of my head.