Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Still sick!

I'm still sick. Mystery fever has been slowly increasing each day, so today, without meds, it's about 102.5. They're doing a bunch of lab work tomorrow and I see Dr. Modi on Friday. I trekked out alone (unwisely) this afternoon to pick up the lab paperwork and hopefully get the lab work done, but it turned out they wanted me fasting and I'd had all of 15oz of diluted juice this morning, thus disqualifying me. I have the appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning at a much closer office.
Last night I had to change pj's 5 times and by this afternoon when we finally did laundry, I bet I still could have wrung out a couple of those shirts and had sweat drip on the floor. Luckily, all of my pajamas, sheets and towels are now washed, so I can start over fresh tonight with as many clothes changes and 2am showers as needed.
We made dinner this evening and I felt fine and ate some, but my stomach ended up not liking that idea and so my tummy is once again empty. I guess I'm just sticking with juice from here on out. No other symptoms besides the firepits as Josh has dubbed them. I thought I'd hit on a solution at 2am with diaper rash cream (don't ask why I have this in my house....), but when I woke up an hour later, my armpits were burning even worse, so apparently that was a bad choice. Nothing but ice helps which is pretty crappy since with the fever/chills/sweats, I either freeze to death immediately when I stick ice in my armpits, or I roast so fast in the middle of the night that the ice packs are immediately worthless. I clipped a leaf (is it a leaf? stem?) off Jack & Petey's aloe plant and I've been using that without much relief (Jack & Petey are the geckos). Maybe if I just keep telling myself it's doing some good...

It would be really nice to have more than 3 or 4 days of feeling good in a row sometime soon! I guess, if nothing else, it was a good decision to have finally spent some Christmas gift cards on books last week! I've been reading some really interesting books when I'm not so tired I'm seeing double. I'll probably be back with a review/recommendation or two once I'm feeling better again.

No comments: