Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A real post

Figured I'd update since everyone is probably wondering where/how I've been.
Things have been pretty calm around here. We're still dealing with Mr. Smokasaurus. We have a couple inquiries in about apartments, so hopefully something will work out soon. I've officially missed 3 days of work due to smoke related migraines, so we're getting pretty fed up with being blown off by Dennis whenever we ask him kindly to go outside. It wasn't too bad today though.
We had a lot of fun over the weekend...getting away was very refreshing and a lot of fun. My souvenir, 2 jars of my favorite raw, lacto-fermented sauerkraut, came in the mail today and I can't wait to bust into them.
As far as my health, I have a little bit of a cold right now and a variety of really random bizarre things on my skin (something that looks like poison ivy on my chest and something that looks like rug burn on my head). I also have a speckled hand from lots of teeny tiny burst capillaries on my hand from a not so pleasant blood draw today. Nothing painful, just weird. Also, I just learned the hard way that I apparently cannot stomach raw garlic as a cold remedy. I mixed it with a couple ounces of homemade chicken broth (I was wavering between that and honey) and well, my stomach rejected that immediately. So much for a natural cold remedy.
I have chemo on Friday and we're in the process of getting a PET scan scheduled so we can see if all my cancer spots are gone. We have to jump through Aetna's hoops, but it should be next week. Since it's only my chest, I don't have to drink the nasty barium, so I'm thrilled about that!
I'll be back with another update on Friday at the latest.

No comments: