This is what, take 3? Well, it's official this time. We're moving next weekend!! At the moment, I'm thrilled to death. Joe (LL) and I have talked multiple times this week and the smoking has been brought up nearly every time and he keeps telling me he's going to talk to Dennis (smokasaurus) because he's not ok with it. Well, every morning this week, I have awoken to the smell of smoke. Today, it's bad enough that I'm having trouble breathing so I've got all the windows open and I'm just repeating in my head "Only 6 more days. Only 6 more days. Only 6 more days."
At the same time, I keep having minor moments of panic when I realize that it's ONLY 6 more days. Since it's a local move, it's not as big of a deal in terms of packing since we can make as many trips back and forth as we need. There's still a lot that we need to get together though. Today we're taking a bunch of stuff to goodwill. I really enjoy getting rid of stuff that we don't need or use much. I was amused, however, to figure out how many moves a box of cornstarch in our cupboard has made. It's got Sarah's name on it, so we figured it's made a minimum of 6 moves and is at least that many years old. I use it, just very slowly....and luckily, cornstarch doesn't go bad.
We made a trip to Whole Foods last night to get groceries since we're emptying our bank accounts to move and we had a WF gift card. We were really proud of ourselves to have gotten ingredients for 4 meals that make lots of leftovers and we only went $6 over on the $50 gift card. I generally have too much fun getting special treats at WFs so we always spend too much when we shop there. I'm looking forward to the meals we have planned though. We're attempting lasagna, which is something I've only ever done once.
As a final note, I wanted to mention a couple more things about the PET pics below. On the recent one, the red in my pelvis is my bladder....that's just radioactive pee...nothing to worry about! Also, I think I was thinking more on the recent scan than the one in Oct. I was thinking about food the other day while I was getting scanned...I was so hungry! Also, I think it's really cool that my bones lit up more on the recent scan. That's from the Neulasta. It's my bone marrow working hard to keep my blood counts normal. Lastly, just because the scan was clean, that doesn't mean anything for my treatment plan. I am planning to get a second opinion at Johns Hopkins or UMD to discuss my options for radiation, but overall, I don't think much will change. Gotta make sure that cancer is really dead so it won't ever come back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I second that and wish you good luck with the move!
Post a Comment