Friday, January 15, 2010

Chemo Round 4, treatment 1

I made up last week's chemo session today. It was pretty uneventful. I forgot my bag of hard candy at home, but they have plenty there, so I was ok. Once the chemo taste hits, I just start gagging and almost puking until I have a candy in my mouth. It gets better by the time I have to go home though. I've been a bit queasy since I've been home, but I'll be ok. I'm drinking lots of juice to flush my system as quickly as I can. I'm hoping this round will be easy like my last treatment.
I got the crappy chemo chair again. I was in the smaller room with two other ladies. One left before I finished and was replaced with....the crazy lady! She was rather subdued today, so it actually took a little bit for me to realize it was her (I was sure when she mentioned her lack of teeth, since she was so vocal about that when Kendall was visiting). It's good to know she's not all crazy and loud back in the treatment room!
Josh is in the kitchen assembling a pizza (I made the crust and sauce) and we're going to watch a movie in a bit (Thanks for the iTunes gift cards for renting movies...I've been staying very entertained!).
Also, we officially decided against the garage apartment. We went back and measured it and while we would just barely fit (if we got rid of a lot of stuff), we just weren't feeling right about it. We're going to see another place tomorrow. I've reached a point where I really just don't want to deal with the hassle of a move and I am, thus, irritated and annoyed that we're even in this situation where we need to worry about it. Hopefully we'll come up with a good solution soon.

No comments: