Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moving Fail!

***This is what I typed last night and couldn't post because blogger crapped out on me. We got everything else to the new apartment today and we'll be recovering for the next week or so.***

Just in case anyone was curious, moving in a snow storm is not a good idea.
The day was not an entire disaster, but it was working on it. Brent and Ellie were awesome and came to help with an extra truck and we did great with the first load of stuff. Josh and Brent took one route and I took a different one so I could pick up our pizza. We all made it to the new house ok and got stuff moved in pretty quickly (and tummies full of pizza pretty quickly). The trip back to the old apartment was where things really broke down. Josh's truck, empty of the load of stuff weighing the back down, was having a horrible time with hills and by the time we made it to the old neighborhood, he could barely make it up the hill....Brent pushed him up! We decided the truck was done and just tried to get what we could into my car and Brent's truck. The guys almost killed themselves getting the two heaviest tanks out of the house and into the car in the 5-ish inches of snow on the ground at that point (it was only supposed to be an inch!!!). We got as much loaded up as we could and headed back to the new apartment. I hit my head on something in my car as I tried to get the cats out and I was just so exhausted that I kinda just lost it. I was crying, Ellie was exhausted and crying with me and the guys were once again killing themselves getting those two heavy tanks in the new apartment.
Once I got some of those tears out, I felt a lot better. I got Ellie entertained (sorry to our cuban tree frogs who got tumbled around, but we needed the crying to stop and that's what did it!). We got the rest of the stuff in, sent Ellie and Brent on their way home, and just kinda wandered around aimlessly trying to get a bit of stuff unpacked and getting critters settled for the night.
Tomorrow we'll get the last few things moved over here (and rescue Josh's truck) and we can work on getting settled in. We have to clean up the old apartment, but we're not in a rush since apparently things didn't work out with the guy who was going to rent the apartment (apparently he was hoping to spend 90+% of his $12,000/yr income on a $1100/mo apartment). For now, we're both about to pass out for the night. We're both so glad that we won't wake up tomorrow morning at 5:40am to smoke (like we did this morning).

No comments: