We think (once again) that we have found a new apartment. This one is actually totally do-able and meets all the criteria on our list except for the gas stove. It's got plenty of space and it's not too far away for either of us. We have a back-up which is in a perfect location, but not quite as nice (all carpet, "frog room" would have to be upstairs), but at least it's something.
We officially told our current landlord we're planning on moving. He was pretty bummed (he says we're the best tenants he's ever had), but understanding. We're not sure we'll be seeing our full security deposit back since we didn't give him a full 30 days notice, but I was expecting that. After last week, I didn't think it looked like we'd be moving so quickly, so I went ahead and paid all my bills, plus some extra, so it'll be fun scraping together a new security deposit, but we'll manage. I officially started paying off my student loans in Dec., so that's a fun new bill every month. (Full disclosure: I actually think it's kinda cool to be paying off my student loans, like I'm a real grown-up now or something. I'm all about debt-free living, so I'm thinking of it as a challenge: how fast can I pay them off? Sadly, hospital bills are not helping me.) In any case, I'm helping the landlord find new tenants, so send good wishes that we can find someone soon. The sooner he rents it to someone else, the more of our security deposit we get back.
Health wise, I'm hanging in there. I've been feeling tired and very sore and ouchy, but otherwise ok. I think it's the neulasta giving me a hard time. I almost went for some vicodins last night, but tylenol takes just enough of the edge off that I'm ok (I try to stay away from vicodin because it makes my intestines unhappy). I'm just taking it easy. I was supposed to have my PET scan tomorrow (Josh even took the day off to go with me), but they canceled it at the last minute on Friday afternoon because, surprise, surprise, Aetna denied it. The girl at the Radiology place is trying to get it all worked out and has me re-scheduled for Wednesday, so I should be all set to go then. Luckily, the issues with scans have been the only annoying thing about my insurance plan and they have always covered them...we just have to fuss a bit. Dr. Sharma initially just wanted to send me across the hall to the radiology office across from the oncology office. He didn't believe me that it wouldn't be that simple. If all else fails, I can call in the awesome Dr. Modi to make Aetna do what she wants. (as a side note, Dr. Modi just randomly called me a week or two ago just to see how I was doing since she hadn't heard from me in awhile. I was really happy to talk to her...I'm so lucky I found her!)
Anyway, I'll be sure to update when I have those results back. This scan is just to check up on all my cancer and see how the chemo is working. We're hoping the scan will come back all clear. I know all the lumps in my neck are gone and I don't feel any pressure in my chest where the large mass was, so those are both good signs. I probably won't get an official report from the scan until next week, but they give me a CD to take home, so I'll at least have some information from that. I'm not a radiologist or anything, but I know enough to be able to say that lots of red spots are bad (like my last PET) and a scan with no red spots is good.
I'm starting to space out a bit, so I'm going to end here. I hope to be back with good news within the next couple days (about the scan and about our new apartment).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck with the new apartment and scans! I still regret not getting my pathology report, so it's nice you have the CDs to see for yourself. When I couldn't get all of a security deposit together, the landlord let me space it over the first month (with the timing of paychecks it worked out that way).
We're probably going to do something like that for the security deposit. I'll be fine once I get my next paycheck or two.
You should get ALL of your security deposit back for dealing with the Smoke-a-saurus!
Post a Comment