Monday, November 2, 2009

very tired

I still haven't gotten sick from this last chemo treatment, but I've been very very tired. Not in an exhausted sort of way, or even an "I can't keep my eyes open" way. I just keep wanting to sleep and so I do. I usually have an awful time napping, but for the past couples days, I just curl up and it seems like I'm immediately asleep for a couple hours. I like to think that my body is working on killing all the cancer cells while I sleep since it doesn't have to spend that time feeding my brain and my muscles.
My big accomplishment of the day was making a pot of turkey noodle soup. I also have enough broth and meat left to make Josh's favorite dinner: turkey and waffles (I keep referring to both the soup and the waffles as chicken soup and chicken and waffles because that's what they usually are...I really used turkey this time though). I still haven't succeeded in making a really good broth since we moved. I'm missing Green Meadows chickens and their lovely yellow broth (and their yummy eggs). This broth is ok though. I suppose I should pester someone at the Amish market about old stewing hens.
Not much else in the way of news for the day. I want to give a rather generic "Thank You" to everyone who has sent stuff recently (cards, hats, $$). Josh and I really appreciate everything that people have sent our way and done for us. I have thank you cards to send out, but since they're going to be slow getting in the mail, I just wanted to say a thank you for now until I/we can properly thank everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess and Josh...Sounds like folks are keeping you in thoughts and deeds as well. Glas you are getting cards, etc. You seem to be doing well. Attitude is a large part of the battle. I don't read the blog every day.. but I do catch up periodically. When you can, tell me more about the pupusas(?) When I was in Hawaii, they had pupus-- meaning appetizers or hors d'oeuvres (I was never very good at french spelling... even in French class) Love to both of you..Aunt Laverna