Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Help me out!

I have a favor to ask of all of you loyal readers. I'm trying to put together a list of questions for my Dr., but I keep forgetting or only thinking of really inane things. Every time I talk to friends or family, you all have good questions for me. So I'm wondering, could you post a comment with questions you want the answer to or questions you think I should know the answer to. I'll make a list to take to the dr on Friday, then post another Q&A post.

(If you don't know how to post a comment, here's how: Below each post, you should see a thing that says "0 comments" (the number might be higher than 0 if other people have posted comments). Click on it. You should get a text box where you can type a comment. At the dropbox that says "Comment As" choose an account type if you have a google account or one of the other listed options. Otherwise, pick anonymous, but tell me in the comment who you are or else I won't know.)
Thanks!!

And since I know the answer to one of the most frequently asked question I've gotten lately here it is:

When do they do a scan or something to figure out how the chemo is working?

Dr. Sharma wants to wait until I've had 6 chemo treatments. Friday's treatment will be #3. So in 6 weeks or so. We're pretty sure it's doing something good though because the lumps in my neck are gone and I don't feel a weird pressure in my chest like I used to.

(Bonus FAQ #2: How many chemo cycles: 8 for sure. That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure. I am now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know you will lose your hair. When it grows back will it be the same as it is now or will it be different? I heard a story about a lady who had cancer and when her hair grew back it was a different color and curly. Just a curiosity thing! Can't wait to see you Sweetie!

bugz said...

Since your treatments are every other Friday, does that mean you get chemo for Christmas?