Saturday, November 28, 2009

a bad taste in my mouth!

I'm in the middle of making one of the more pathetic dinners Josh and I have had in awhile. (really, it was only bad when it was just chicken nuggets. I've added pasta and peas, so I guess it's not that lame. Sure beats the time we had cold tofu w/ketchup for dinner!). I've been feeling pretty lousy all day and Josh has spent almost the entire day working or running errands. Today is his birthday and I feel bad that we couldn't do anything nicer. Luckily, he's not big on birthdays, so he doesn't care, but I still feel a little bad. We're going to go up to Towson sometime, maybe next weekend, to go to what used to be our favorite restaurant when we lived there (Kyodai, the rotating sushi bar). I lucked out and all the birthday presents I (belatedly) ordered for Josh arrived today, so at least he got presents on time.
I've mostly just been really tired today. We took a short trip to the Amish market and I barely made it back home before falling asleep again. Apparently Josh tried to wake me up to let me know he was going to the mechanic, but I didn't stir at all. My mouth tastes yucky still. Not the chemo yucky, but more like the taste you get in your mouth if you're on antibiotics for awhile. Nothing is working to make it go away...I may have to go buy some mint candy to suck on if this lasts much longer. The only real problem is just that it makes the thought of eating food really unappetizing. Nothing sounds good, so I'm hungry (sorta...my tummy is a little upset), but I don't want to eat anything. Hopefully this will pass soon. It's definitely the "don't eat your favorite foods on chemo" thing. Which has me worried because these chicken nuggets are a favorite food!

No comments: