Friday, November 13, 2009

Chemo Round 2, treatment 1

I had the pleasure of enjoying my 3rd chemo treatment this afternoon. I went by myself today since I was fine driving both ways last time and I think it's silly to make someone come along just to have them sit in the waiting room for 2hrs. After about a minute in the waiting room, I realized that the crazy lady I missed out on last time was there. She was singing and semi-dancing to the music playing in the waiting room and talking loudly to her neighbors. A lot of the people waiting there had been there last time too. A lot of chatting goes on in that waiting room. Today I was the youngest patient by probably 20 years. I have a feeling that a lot of the people that see me in the waiting room just think I'm there waiting for someone.
My treatment was uneventful again. I got the crappy, old chemo chair, so I could have been more comfortable, but I managed. The same guy who gave me my first Neulasta shot was the one who was in charge of drugging me. It hurt really bad when he gave me the shot. I much prefer the other nurse who pushes it a little slower and doesn't rub it when she's done. Luckily, the shot only hurts when it's going in, unlike some of the ones I was getting in the hospital that would be sore for a good 30min after the injection.
I made it home just fine, even in rush hour traffic. My tummy is bugging me, but not in a nauseous way. I think it's actually the anti-nausea drugs that make my tummy sore and crampy when they essentially turn off my intestines. I'm not sure if it's better than puking. I'm pretty tired and was falling asleep while we were watching WALL-E a bit ago. I just wanted to update quick before I go to bed.
Oh, and to answer the 2 questions I got (from my mom and dad):
1. My dad asked if I have to have chemo on Christmas, since if you go out every other friday, I should have a treatment on Christmas day: The answer is no, I'll have it on Christmas Eve. As for Thanksgiving, I get my treatment on Wednesday instead of Friday that week since the office is closed Thanksgiving day and Black Friday.
2. My mom asked if there's a chance my hair might grow back a different color or texture: I've been told this is possible. My vote would be the same color or maybe a little red mixed in and curls. We'll see. For a quick hair update, Josh and I have decided it finally looks a little thinner. I'd been amazed because I pull out literally handfulls in the shower and my head still looked unchanged. I can see a slight difference now though. I'm still waiting on the Flowbee!

No comments: