I was back at work today for the afternoon. It was nice to go in and definitely made me feel like part of the real world again. I did get pretty worn out in the middle of the project I was working on, but I got a second wind and finished up just fine. I'm planning on going in for the rest of the week and most of next week as well. We've got some big stuff going on, so I think everyone is happy to have an extra set of hands. Josh is also going to be starting work on our project on the weekends. He'll be the official weekend bird caretaker. I know everyone is really looking forward to that so they can all have their weekends free. Josh is looking forward to making some extra money, so it's a win-win situation for everyone.
I feel pretty much normal today. If you consider the fact that prior to finding out about my lymphoma, I was always exhausted, then I feel normal. All my neck lumps are gone and my surgery scars are all just about healed. My port scar is healing where they messed it up, but the rest of that scar is all healed. (When my port was accessed for the first time, 36hrs after the surgery, the nurses had to take the steri-strips off to access it. They didn't do a good job putting new steri-strips on it, so the scar isn't healing very nicely on that side. So I have half a nice, neat scar and half big messy scar. Battle wounds!)
I've decided that my hair is officially on it's way out. A ton of it came out in the shower and when I combed it this evening. It's not noticeable at all from looking at me, but I'm noticing it coming out. I still can't decide if I want to get it cut short (like in a bob) and then buzz it when it gets really pathetic looking or if I want to just leave it like it is and buzz it when it's pathetic. I'm thinking it would be less messy if it was shorter during the falling out phase, but I think I'm too lazy to go somewhere and get it cut. We'll see. I did promise Jenny that if she found a Flowbee, I'd let her try it out on my head. I don't think she's found one though. If anyone has access to a Flowbee, feel free to send it our way. We'll make a video and put it on YouTube for you!
I think that's all the news for the day. I'm off to catch up on all the sleep that I missed out on while I was at work today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment