I'm doing pretty well after my chemo on Friday. I've had the usual tiredness and I've have little bouts of nausea and slight neulasta pain, but nothing major. I went in to work on Monday for the afternoon, but skipped Tuesday. I was feeling pretty tired yesterday and I felt that I'd just tire myself out if I went in. I did go in today for the afternoon and I'm hoping to do at least afternoons for the rest of the week. I'm hoping I can tackle a good chunk of a project before my next chemo (expect I realized as I'm typing this that my next chemo is early because of Thanksgiving. So I probably won't actually get a ton accomplished before then. Maybe after Thanksgiving).
My hair is still coming out in giant handfuls. I think the only reason it still looks normal on my head is just because it's so long. I really should chop it off soon. Maybe over the weekend. It really is making a giant mess of the bathroom every time I touch my head.
I've noticed that when I feel a little nauseous, I always have this imaginary smell in my head. I think it's the smell of the hospital combined with the smell of the chemo infusion room. It's annoying because it's creating an aversion to those places, even though this "smell" is entirely in my head. It's better than food aversions, but I don't want to start feeling nauseous every time I think of going to get chemo, especially since I'm not nauseous most of the time and even when I am, it's not that bad. At dinner tonight, I thought my scallops tasted like the alcohol prep pads they use to clean my skin before they access my port or give me a shot. Josh thought I was a little crazy and that it was just the lemon on the scallops, but I ended up making him finish them. I just don't want chemo to ruin things for me!
I'll end my cancer/chemo insights there as I need to get to bed. I'm still working on Thank You cards, so I once again apologize. I promise I'll get them out sometime soon (ish).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment