Sorry for the lack of updates, but there hasn't really been much going on. I've been doing a lot of work from home and I'll hopefully be heading into the lab next week. I'm mostly just really tired, so I don't trust myself to do super precise labwork. I had a really annoying migraine Thursday and Friday, but I think I'm past the worst of it. It's frustrating because I'm not really supposed to take the only med that helps my migraines the most (as in, the one that works 25% of the time as opposed to never). I've mostly just been doing a lot of sleeping during the day when my head hurts, then entertaining myself at night when I can't sleep because I slept too much during the day. I've been tempted to go into the lab at night time, but I'm a little too scared of the dark. It would be way to creepy to be alone at work at 9PM.
We don't have too much exciting going on this weekend. I've been trying to get work done and Josh has been running around doing work stuff too. We've just been relaxing at home when not working. I got stuff to make 3 different kinds of soup...I've got one down, 2 to go. Tonight I made us soba noodle soup. I made a homemade dashi stock and then we added a big bunch of watercress and soba noodles, plus garlic and soy sauce. I just discovered that I really like soba noodles, so I'm going to be experimenting some more with them. I need to hone my Japanese soup making skills. I also have stuff to make lentil soup and beef stew. We got a ton of yummy veggies at the organic grocery store. Their produce is so pretty that it makes me want to eat lots of veggies. That's a good thing.
We found out this week that Josh didn't get either of the jobs he was trying for, so we're both pretty sad about that. We'll just keep on working on that....there aren't many jobs out there to be had though. Also on the home front, I am wanting to move even more as a new fun problem has cropped up in our house. Our landlord's upstairs housemate is a smoker and I've been getting the feeling for awhile now that he smokes in the house. This week I have determined that he definitely smokes in the house. And when the heat runs, all the yucky smoke smelly air gets blown down to our apartment. It's driving me insane. This guy has emphysema and hacks and coughs and generally sounds like he's dying 24/7. Unlike him, I actually care about keeping my lungs healthy. We left a message for the landlord about it (he's rarely around when we're awake to talk to him), so hopefully this will end soon. I'd also like the games of fetch with the little dog at 10PM (right above our heads) to stop too, but I'm a little more flexible on that one. I'd mostly just like a new place to live!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment