Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chemo Round 3, treatment 2

So I'm officially done with over 1/3 of my chemo. So far, this treatment has gone much better than last time. I think I may have come up with a reason for the excessive awfulness of the nasty taste/smell last time. I think I may just not have been hydrated enough. I had a lot more water this morning before I left and the taste/smell hasn't been nearly as awful as last time. I'm still trying to get in as much fluids as possible so I can just dilute it and pee it off as fast as possible.
I got the window seat again which is always nice. The woman in the seat next to me was pretty cranky and unpleasant for the duration of her treatment but I just turned up my iPod to drown her out when she was arguing with the nurses. They were just trying to look out for her and make sure she didn't go into anaphylactic shock...shouting at them didn't help anything.
Josh got home just after I did and he's been taking good care of me. I slept for a little while and then ate 2 small bowls of split pea soup and stole a few bites of Josh's ice cream. He's kept me fed and in dry, clean clothes (I've changed twice since I got home due to drs office smell then insane sweat). The cats are being cuddly and sweet and keeping me company. I'm just hoping this will stay nice and calm like this. No more chemo for over two weeks!!!

No comments: