Chemo today was no fun. I feel like the whole "gross taste in my mouth" thing is just going to keep getting worse. I had a big bag of mints, plus a bag of Jolly Ranchers I picked up at a cool toy store new us (they have a big thing of loose candies...you mix and match. I only wish it was penny candy). Between the first and second candies, I tried to take a drink and nearly threw up from the gross taste. It's not as bad now (after 5 more candies, some muddy buddies, a cup of really strongly tasting concord grape juice and a bowl of soup). In addition to the taste, my whole body just exudes the chemical smell, so I can't get away from it. I'm trying to keep drinking lots of fluids so I can flush the yuck out. My tummy is in paralyzed mode from my anti-nausea pre-meds, so it's not too happy being pumped full of juice, but I'll be ok.
Other than that, chemo was pretty uneventful. Josh ended up having to check on some poinsettias downtown, so he did that while I was getting drugged. I finished up before he got back, but not by much. The office was really quiet. I was the second to last patient to leave and most of the nurses and Dr Sharma had already headed home.
I wore my fish hat today on an impromptu trip to Baltimore this morning and then to my chemo appointment. Both places I went I got tons of compliments on it. It brought smiles to the faces of several other chemo patients. (Also, Molly, if the post-doc thing doesn't work out, lots of people keep asking me if you have a hat knitting business, so you could always make dead fish hats for a living!!)
I'm off to attempt to go to bed even though I'll probably be pretty awake all night from my 'roids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment