Thursday, November 4, 2010

Re-employed!

I got a call last night offering me the job I had interviewed for on Monday, so I'm unofficially re-employed. Starting on Monday, I'm going to be working at a veterinary ophthalmology office doing pretty much all the jobs except being the doctor...so, a mix of receptionist stuff as well as vet. tech stuff. It's probably just going to be part time, but we haven't decided on a specific schedule. The office is pretty small with just one doctor and three women who do pretty much the same thing I'll be doing. One of the three is pregnant and will be going on maternity leave in about a month, so I'm sure my schedule will change once that happens.
I've been looking at info. about taking classes when the spring semester begins since I'll probably have the time. I might take some of the pre-reqs I'd need to apply to vet school so that I'd have that option if that ends up being the decision I make.
In other news, the cats have been driving me absolutely insane at night time. They have decided that they love running full speed across the apartment and then jumping on me. (seriously, Charlotte just came in her as I was typing and jumped up on a chair to get in my face and see what I'm doing). You'd think they'd be more mellow during the night after they've gotten my attention all day long!
I was really surprised yesterday when the mail came and I got a refund check for $90 in the mail from Dr Ampey's office. Either my insurance paid for something I didn't expect them to pay or Dr Ampey just didn't charge me for some of my appointments, so I got the co-pays back. I know the time I was in there when I was very sick, he didn't charge the appointment. Either way, I'm thrilled to have the surprise $90 back!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Congratulations! On the job and the unexpected refund; I'm sure it comes in handy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Job and refund, wow.

Irene :-)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!