Work is still going pretty well. I'm learning lots of stuff faster than everyone expected I think. I actually got to be in charge of anesthesia during our surgery on Thursday (basically, that just means I took the dog's vitals (heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate and pulse ox) every 5 min for the whole surgery. I can pretty much set everything up for surgery and while I'm not the fastest or most efficient, I can check a patient in, type up all the findings for an appointment, get prescriptions and check out the patient. I mostly like all the people I work with and it's nice that there's almost no drama or talking behind people's backs or any of that nonsense that I've had to deal with in other workplaces. It's not my perfect dream job or anything, but it's pretty good.
I'm still working on mastering the commute. I was ready to explode the other night when it took me two full hours to drive home. I have since found a totally different route and that seems to be working much better. It's slightly longer distance wise, but it's pretty consistently 40-50min whereas my previous route fluctuated wildly between 30min and 2 hours. I think it's safer to just take the longer route than risk sitting in the car for 2 hours.
I'm still working more than full time and it's wearing me out a bit. I think I end up working close to 9 hours most days, though I stayed 2 hours late one night this past week due to emergencies, resulting in a 10.5 hr day. Add in the commute and my still high sleep needs and I'm not getting much time to breathe. I've been trying to plan and prep dinners ahead of time so we have easy food to eat. This week will be nice since it's short! Plus, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I'm not sure when I'll be switching to a part time schedule, but it'll be nice to have a breather. I'm also going to be happy when the rest of my new scrubs come in the mail! I ordered them almost two weeks ago and they still haven't shown up. I'm getting bored with the 2 tops and 3 pants I have, plus I'm not a fan of having to do an extra load of laundry in the middle of the week! That'll save me some time and quarters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment