Today was once again much calmer than Monday. I'm getting the hang of the computer system and I actually did a couple of appointment almost entirely on my own. All the medical records are computerized and one of the techs assists with each appointment by entering all the findings and comments. I've got the basics of the system down. Now I just get to learn all the shortcut commands and macros for entering all the fancy medical technology. I'll also have to work on learning what all the ophthalmology terms mean, but I'll take my time with that!
I woke up in the middle of the night with a stuffy nose/sinus. It stayed stuffy all day and I have a teeny sore throat, so it would seem I'm coming down with a little cold or something. Hopefully it won't get any worse. I'm not completely sure what to expect from my immune system this winter. My blood work has been fine every time it's been checked, but I don't know if I should expect my immune system to be crappier than normal or not. This job will probably also expose me to a ton more strangers, but so far I haven't been getting to close with any of the pet owners!
I'm definitely not a fan of my new commute! I live about 17 miles from the office but there seems to be no good way to get from here to there and back without running into horrific traffic. I know I can make the trip in 20-25min with no traffic, but so far it's been taking me closer to 45-60min. I've taken two different routes, both equally slow. I have a couple other routes to try, so we'll see if I can improve it. Beating the DC traffic is probably an exercise in futility though!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment