Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Settling in

I think we're finally getting recovered from the move. I unpacked my books and my desk stuff this afternoon and I think that was the last stuff still in boxes. There's still plenty of re-arranging and settling in to be done, but we're doing much better than we were a couple days ago.
I'm liking our new apartment so much! I took a bath today and was very happy to have a bathtub again (bonus: it's a BIG bathtub! not jacuzzi tub big, but definitely spacious). There's a tree right outside the bedroom window and I've been opening the blinds and watching the resident squirrel. I'd put a bird feeder out there, but the tree is on the neighbor's property. I could go on and on...basically, it's just such a relief to be living in a stress free home!

I'm also still recovering from chemo and my neulasta shot. I'm tired, achy and sore, but doing ok. I might make it out of the house this evening to accompany Josh to Home Depot...we'll see. I feel like I accomplished a lot today just unpacking my books and loading the dishwasher! I'm sure I'll start feeling like a real human again soon!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Mmmmm big bath tub awesomeness. Yipeee!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it! Thinking of you. Love, Elizabeth and Charltte (home with the stomach flu)

grandma L. said...

Grandma Leisenring said...

Love your apt! Great! feed that Nutter outside your window. Cute!

Love to you two.
e

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Glad to read that you like the new apartment so much.
Best wishes to you two.

Irene :-)