Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blood & Shots update

I went in for my shot on Monday and discovered that if you whine about the shots enough, you can talk the doctors into not giving them to you!! I guess I asked enough times if it was really necessary and told enough people just how bad those shots hurt, so they decided to give me one last shot Monday, then take blood and if my blood came back ok, I didn't have to get any more shots. I got a call Tuesday morning to let me know my bloodwork was fine and I was free for the rest of the week. That last shot was awful and I now know that there is one nurse/tech who is never allowed near me with one of those needles ever again!! At least the whole staff is really nice and they are ok with me picking out who gets to give me a shot or take my blood.
Other than that, I've been feeling kinda crappy the past few days. I'm having a rough time with a really upset tummy which is keeping me from sleeping and making me really tired. I tried to go in to work on Monday, but by the time I got my shot and made it to work, I wasn't feeling too great, so I headed back home after about an hour. I'm currently pretty frustrated and annoyed about not feeling too hot. I'd really like to be able to make it to work for long enough to get stuff done. I just have to keep reminding myself that I only have, at most, 5 more weeks of feeling bad and then I'll be done with being sick from chemo. Only 5 more weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I cross my fingers and light an extra candle for you.
Keep up your courage.

Irene

Jenny L. said...

Anyone can make it through 5 weeks, right? You are great at keeping a positive outlook...and checking in with your doctors and nurses. Not getting a shot if your blood work is fine seems pretty reasonable to me! Hope your tummy gets better so you can get some energy back!

Barba--- said...

I know you can do it! (Even though sometimes you feel like shouting or crying!!). Hugs and prayers coming your way!