Tuesday, February 16, 2010

my blood

I had bloodwork again yesterday and the verdict is that my counts look much better. I guess they're falling fast enough, though, that the doctor still wants to give me something for it. Luckily (*eyeroll*) the Neulasta shots come in a shorter acting version called Neupogen (actually Neupogen was invented first....Neulasta is the exact same thing, just longer acting, like 10 neupogen shots in one). So for the rest of the week, I get to drive to the hospital and get a shot. That should keep my blood counts somewhere in the normal range: not too low to make me sick, but not too high either.

Other than that, I'm doing ok, just really tired. I told Josh yesterday I feel like I got run over by a truck.....not like I'm all bruised and sore, but just like the truck smooshed me into the ground and I can't pick myself back up. My body just feels really heavy and stuck to the bed or couch or wherever I happen to be laying down. My tummy has been in rough shape the past couple days, but I think it might be doing better today. My diet has consisted mainly of chocolate pudding and noodles, but it's better than nothing. I might be graduate to actual nutrients later today or tomorrow and I'm sure I'll feel a lot better then.

No comments: