Friday, February 19, 2010

Shots

I've found something I dislike even more than my Neulasta shots: Neupogen shots! After I talked with the doctor in person, I found out that my WBC counts had dropped from 50,000 to 6,000 in 3 days, so instead of needing 3 neupogen shots, I need 5. I had the first 3 on Wednesday, Thursday and today and I'll get the next two on Monday and Tuesday. The one I got on Wednesday was awful. It hurt so bad going in and the nurse who gave it to me made it take forever. She said that if she pushed it slower, it would hurt less, but all it did was make it hurt longer. My arm was sore for the rest of the day and by bedtime, my bones and muscles hurt so bad I could hardly move. A different nurse has given me the second and third shots and while it still hurts, he's a bit more sympathetic and quicker about it. My body is still sore, but not nearly as bad. I've told everyone at the office that I think these shots are torture. I sometimes feel like I'm nuts for all the awful stuff I've let people do to my body these past few months. Willing getting poisoned and letting them give me shots that I know will cause me pain. I know I don't really have much of a choice though. I hope that somewhere, there's a lab studying pain and discomfort free cancer treatments!

1 comment:

Barba--- said...

It's all for a good goal, but no fun nevertheless!