Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Bonnie's Running a Half-Marathon!!"--Leukemia & Lymphoma Team in Training

A very close friend and mentor of mine, Bonnie Johnson, asked me recently about running a half-marathon in my honor with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training Program. I was/still am really touched and moved that she wanted to do this for me. She just got her web page up and I wanted to link to it here so we can spread the word and try to raise more money for the LLS. In addition to funding research to help find better treatments & a cure for blood cancers, they also offer a lot of great patient support programs.
Anyway, here's the page: Bonnie's Team In Training page

And for those of you scratching your heads and wondering who Bonnie is: I spent a couple summers during college working in Wyoming with bluebirds & house wrens. Bonnie's husband Scott is the professor I worked for. When I came back to MD, Bonnie was in charge of the lab and taught me most of the skills I needed to get the job I currently have. Bonnie is a really great friend and I'm really honored that she's training and running this race in my honor. Thanks Bonnie!!

And here are some Wyoming pictures for fun!






1 comment:

Barba--- said...

Great initiative and cool pics!