Actually, there's not much news to report from my dr visit. My fever broke on it's own with no medication this morning. I haven't taken anything today and the highest reading I've seen is 99.1, so I think that's officially behind me (3 pairs of sweaty pj's later...).
My vitals were all good at the doctor's office (pulse a little high, though it usually is; down 5lbs from not having eaten all week--but 5lbs I could stand to be rid of). She said my lungs sounded congested and wheezy, but my oxygen level was 100%. I have prescriptions for antibiotics (a z-pack) and an inhaler for the wheezing. I've not made a decision yet as to whether or not I'm actually going to fill them, since I've had unpleasant experiences with both in the past. Albuterol from the inhaler makes me incredibly jittery and makes my heart race and I just generally feel temporarily really bad from it. I've probably written before about the bad antibiotic experience I had a couple years ago (short story: it involved 2 months of gastroenteritis and a colonoscopy), so I'm really wary about taking antibiotics unless there's like, visible puss or severe fever. On a more practical note, we have a few z-packs at work so I could much more easily get it there than trekking to CVS to drop of the prescription then trekking back an hour later to pick it up. I'm thinking I might just hold off til tomorrow and see how necessary I think the meds are.
(Also, I totally miss Dr Modi! My new doc is nice, but not as cool/friendly.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment