Everything is still normal around here. I keep having odd sensations that I think might be attributable to the radiation. My tongue keeps feeling tingly and numb, like I've had a lidocaine shot for dental work and it's wearing off. It only lasts for a few minutes though and then it's back to normal. I was also amused this morning because my ear canals got really itchy. On the scary consent form I signed last week before starting radiation, the last possible side effect on the list was itching in the ear canals. It made me laugh then and I found it pretty funny again today. Again, it didn't last too long before it stopped. I'm still always very tired, but I can't say that it's gotten any worse than before I started the radiation.
My second and third treatments last week were really uneventful. They actually get me back there so fast that I haven't even had time to get my iPod ready, so I've just been listening to their music. I think it would take longer to plug in the iPod, start it up and get the iPod dock switched to the right setting than it would to complete my treatment. (That's an exaggeration, but still, it seems silly to set it up for just a song and a half.) I really like everyone that works at this office and I even got to meet some really nice other patients on Friday. And they have the excellent candy basket. It's like getting a reward for making it through my treatment.
Besides treatment, everything else has been going pretty well. I've been going to work everyday and working for about 6 hours a day. I could probably manage a full day, but my radiation treatments take a good chunk out of my morning. Josh and I have mostly kept up with the nightly walks and biweekly Pilates. We did take a pilates break while my port incision healed up, but we started up again today. I was also super proud of myself for making it a whole week with no juice in the house. I'm trying to get rid of most of the excess sugar in my diet and even though we only get 100% juice, it's still super sweet. I did fine with just water. We got a ton of veggies when we went grocery shopping today and we finally have enough spinach in the garden to include in some of our dinners this week. All the other plants are doing really well. We'll be taking the rest of the seedlings outdoors pretty soon.
We had a really nice (though too short) visit with one of my Tufts friends on Saturday. I really wish Boston wasn't so far away because I really miss a lot of people and places up there (*hi Boston friends!*). Maybe we can make a weekend trip before too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am very impressed! Wit the way you've reacted (or almost not reacted) to the radiation, the continuation of exercise, and the cutting out of sugar! YOU ROCK!
Glad the ear itching doesn't last too long - that would be hard to scratch. I'm even more glad you hear things are going well!
Make fruit water this summer! Watermelon in a pitcher of water is pretty good.
Post a Comment