I got an official rejection on Thursday from the most recent Hopkins job I interviewed for. I'm pretty bummed about it. I thought the interview had gone well and I'd gotten some pretty positive feedback from the guy I interviewed with, so I thought I had a good shot at getting one of the two positions they were hiring for. I've been getting really frustrated at my current job and I was really hoping I'd be able to quit and get out of there, so I'm also just really disappointed that I have to keep dealing with the frustration. I'd just like to have a job that pays my bills, has real benefits, and allows me to work on the level I'm trained/experienced for.
We'd paused the apartment search while I was waiting to hear back from Hopkins, thinking that if I got the job, we'd move into the city to be close to both our jobs. Since I officially won't be working in the city, I've restarted the apartment hunt in the same areas we were looking before. I think I'll feel less cruddy if I at least have a stove again. Josh said last night that he figures that right after we find a new apartment around where we live right now, I'll probably get a job offer in Baltimore (which would only be slightly inconvenient...the commute isn't THAT bad!).
I've been struggling quite a bit recently with all of my non-cancer related health issues (a bad spiral of migraines, insomnia and depression, plus somewhat related GI issues). I'm finally giving in and calling the doctor on Monday. It's kind of just an extra level of frustration right now. I might write in more detail about it at some point in the future. I'm just trying to take it all one day at a time (that's how I got through chemo/radiation too I suppose...) and I know it'll all pass eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment