Thursday, May 5, 2011

New House!

We signed a lease last night for a new house! We managed to find a rather quirky old single-family house in our price range, so we jumped on it. The house is probably 100 years old and it's pretty small, but it seems like there will be more than enough room for all of our stuff, so we should be fine. One of its oddities is that the bathroom is in the basement. The basement isn't finished, but there's tons of room for storage down there (and possibly the frogs if we can figure out a way to plug in all of their lights). It's got a huge yard and the street it's on backs up to a state park.
The biggest downside for me is that it doesn't have central AC, but it's small enough that we should be ok with a couple window AC units. It's right outside of Ellicott City, which is ranked as one of the best towns to live in in the US. I'd never been to Ellicott City before the other evening, but it's really surreal to drive through the downtown. The downtown is all historic buildings, nestled into a little valley. It reminds me simultaneously of some old western town and Harpers Ferry, WV. It seems like it'll be a cool place to live. Our lease starts on the 28th, so we'll be attempting to move over Memorial Day weekend I guess.

I checked in with my primary care dr. on Tuesday and I started up a new antidepressant (Zoloft). So far it's just made me incredibly nauseous (more so than the chemo ever did I think), so I'm still feeling pretty miserable. I'm going to try to stick it out through the weekend to see if the nausea lessens (from what the dr. said and what I've read, it should). I'm hoping to start feeling better soon (physically and mentally).

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yay! Good news! And Ellicot City ROCKS! Lots of good restaurants, too.